Monday, January 25, 2010

Tidal Wave

I just came back from school. Oh my god, everyone in my class resembles a walking zombie: "Theeesiiiis....Boooarrrrds...OSCEeeee's...arghhhhh" (OSCE = scary clinical skills exams). I don't think any of them are getting enough sleep. I know I'm not. My friendships are on pause, no holiday cards went out this year, and I barely manage to keep my poor cat in kibbles and clean litter.

That said, even though I have work coming out of my ears and I'm working 17-19 hours a day, with maybe two meals and a shower thrown in if I'm lucky, other people still have it much worse than I do. For instance, doing all of this when one of your family members is struggling with cancer (it's happening to someone). Doing all of this when your partner is losing a loved one (also happening to someone). Doing all this while raising a child (will happen to people in the class below me).

So if you ask me how I am, I'll say I'm fine. Not ecstatic, but fine. And not miserable. I've seen worse. But I might not be able to chat for a while, sorry about that :(

Plus, working admissions is pretty fun!

This week:
-- Poster session for which I need to finish the poster & get it printed, like, yesterday
-- Lots of research meetings
-- Homework for class and review stuff I didn't get (oh, yeah, med school)
-- Figure out how to study for boards
-- Sleep enough to function
-- Read up on clinical skills before Tuesday
-- Revise thesis after aforesaid meetings
-- Feed cat. More than once.
-- Replenish contact lenses
-- Get a bunch of stuff done for the Admissions committee
-- Take a shower
-- Buy food, toothpaste, and other basics
-- Talk to awesome fiance
-- Thank big (jk) brother for gift of amazing mulled wine


No comments:

Post a Comment