Lately, my parents (who are dear, sweet people) have been less sympathetic about my overwhelming stress and less encouraging about my work than they used to be. I have finally figured out why.
They are sick of hearing me whine. It's been twenty-five years, and they're getting tired of it. They're happy to help with editing/money/food, but I think they may have reached the end of their respective venting tolerances. Their reactions now tend to be more along the lines of "so get off the phone and go do your work," than "oh, poor thing."
Wait -- what? You expect me to grow up and take responsibility for my life? I should acknowledge that I knew what I was getting myself into? Those that dance will pay the piper? Bed to lie in, etc? You want me to deal with stress without being cranky to those around me and acting like I'm at the center of the universe? You (gasp) want your own lives?
Oh. That's actually kind of reasonable. Darn.
I guess that's what cats are for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You can whine to me, deary. I've only been hearin' you for a few years, and I am in awe of how much you guys are doing these days - you're amazing!
ReplyDeleteThats what cousins are for. X sash
ReplyDeleteMrooww. Mrff?
ReplyDeleteAwww, thanks nice ppl and adorable (cough:mom!) cat!
ReplyDeleteha ha ha :) hi dusky/rupa.
ReplyDeleteyour dad will always be sympathetic and supportive
ReplyDelete..can never tire of your stress or complaints because you are my daughter.. I whine a lot more than you do!