Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wow...I'm actually studying!

Okay, so my update is sadly that I *haven't* been studying. I've been doing endless useful things that are not actually the same thing as studying for exams. I've gotten up, gotten dressed, eaten breakfast, checked my email, checked my bank accounts, checked my phone messages...you get the idea. Today, we decided not to have classes so we could study. Um. Maybe I should use that time to -- well, you get the idea.

I wish I had a cure for procrastination. And don't say, "Just do it." If you aren't a born procrastinator, you have no idea what I'm talking about. You're probably a natural morning person, too.

Two things that have always worked are 1) getting excited about what I'm learning, and 2) getting scared at the idea of failing an exam, or doing poorly and feeling crappy about myself.

"I can't believe I'm actually blogging about something medical, but here goes. We have an exam coming up, and unlike all the other medical students I know, we are covering the hepatic system this time, not renal. I'm so excited. I actually am reading about portal hypertension and hypersplenism and all this stuff that fits the pieces of the puzzle together in ways that make sense. Score! I will edit this post with more later. But thank goodness I'm actually studying.

Finally, shout out to my mom, who was maligned on a previous post. She's a goddess in disguise, actually. Yup. Be jealous.

Love to all my fellow medical student exam-preppers."

No comments:

Post a Comment