Saturday, October 11, 2008

Idle hands...

...are the devil's workshop, but these hands aren't idle due to any lack of stuff to do. It's just my old bugaboo, Procrastination, rearing its ugly head. (By the way, the "it's" vs. "its" thing is a pet peeve of mine, and I keep running into people who don't know the difference, and far worse, don't care).

So the exams start Monday, and I'm not even halfway through my studying. I've decided to throw my old method out the window and instead am following my mother's good advice. I used to outline the notes by topic, which of course took forever. She suggested just reading them once over lightly, and then focusing on things I don't get. Much faster. However, will I remember any of it on Monday morning? We shall see.

In the meantime, I found a cool bumper sticker of NASA images at peacemonger.org:

And it is now on the frame of my bike. My thinking is if I cover the bike with enough stickers, it will be a) more "mine" and b) less enticing to would-be thieves. I think this goes doubly if the stickers I choose are girly-looking. Which this is not. But whatever.

Okay, I have to either work or sleep now. Oh, but before I do: we did our first invasive exam on Tuesday afternoon. It was the male genitourinary, which involves a back exam, abdominal exam, testicular exam, and prostate exam. There was one medical model per five medical students and a doctor. Apart from being a little awkward, it was fine -- the medical model had done the exam before and could even tell us if we were doing the exams correctly or not. Still, I am glad the first time is over forever. And I asked -- the medical models get paid a lot to do the exam, as of course you'd expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment