Saturday, November 8, 2008

And the work comes crashing down...

Now we're in the final month of the semester, and things are piling up quickly. This is the first weekend in the fall that I haven't done a single fun thing with classmates on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. I just stayed home and worked. It's also cold and rainy out, which makes you want to drink hot chocolate in a cozy house, not potter around town.

My dad just got surgery for a partially detached retina; he told me the story and it sounded scary. I hope he's okay. I also haven't spoken to my brother in a while -- he got me a really nice birthday present and I have yet to thank him properly. I have the best family ever.

My cat has been glued to her soft heated basket, which plugs into the wall and keeps her paws warm via an element underneath. It has a safety release so it doesn't get too hot. She loves that thing. I don't think I'll be able to pry her out of it all winter. I bought it for her one Christmas and it's her absolute favorite present of all time.

Tomorrow I'm finally going riding! It's going to be a little tight to get there after the morning service, but hopefully it'll happen. And if the barn is on a rainy day schedule, I'll have extra time. Yay! I'm super excited. I haven't been riding since summer. I am currently working on my 2nd write-up of the weekend; I finally turned in the long-overdue one last night. I have written two sentences and it's eight-thirty at night. Oops. Oh, well. At least I did laundry and got enough sleep and registered for classes and sent some important mail. And yesterday I took a practice test I was supposed to take. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually have time to read ahead, imagine that. I wanted to take my bike out but it's wet outside.

I'm going to get this write-up done now; I really should just do it. The sooner the better, and I owe it to the patients I see. Besides, it'll be easier now because I'll actually remember what happened and be able to read my own handwriting. I have to work on my research and there are exams and two papers coming up that I should think about. Yowsers.

No comments:

Post a Comment